Dr. Siri Gian Khalsa and the Reichian Institute
The Reichian Institute
Since the early 1980s, the Reichian Institute has been a leader in sharing the work of the brilliant psychotherapist Dr. Wilhelm Reich. Dr. Reich observed that for every neurosis, every illness, any problem that a person might bring to a psychiatrist, there was always some impediment in that person’s breathing. He noted that how we are breathing at any given moment corresponds precisely to the emotions and physical state we are experiencing. He even found that when a person’s breathing improved, so too did their sex life.
Through workshops, retreats, trainings and one on one therapy sessions, we offer people the ability to discard the burden of physical and emotional baggage, thus freeing them to become more of who they really are.
The Reichian Institute is Northern California’s leading guide to accessing and living the teachings of Dr. Reich. Dr. Khalsa shares the techniques and spirit of Dr. Reich’s pioneering work with students from all over the world.
Siri Gian Singh Khalsa
For over 45 years, Dr. Khalsa has helped people improve their breathing and develop breath practices which are just right for each individual. Besides bringing vitality, joy, and peace of mind, these yoga, acupressure and Reichian-based practices can activate a person’s own inner healing resources to better cope with anxiety, depression, pain, and addictions.
- B.A., U.C. Berkeley, with honors, 1967; M.A., U.C.L.A., 1968; Ph.D. Psychology, International College (Wilhelm Reich and Reichian Therapy) 1981.
- Studied Kundalini Yoga under Yogi Bhajan starting in 1972.
- Apprenticeship with Jin Shin Do Acupressure master Dr. Iona Teeguarden
- Certified Massage Therapist, taught by the brilliant therapist Ginger Clark
- Breath Coach at the Mendocino Coast Clinics, Inc., Department of Behavioral Medicine in Fort Bragg, California from 2008 to 2020. Since the pandemic, Siri Gian is offering breath coaching online.