KRI Level One Teacher Training
Take the first step toward mastering the practice and teaching of Kundalini Yoga with KRI Level One Teacher Training.
The Aquarian Teacher Certification Program is open to yoga students ready to become teachers and those who wish to immerse themselves in the science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
This 220 hour program will give you a foundation for a successful daily yoga practice and excelling as a Kundalini Yoga instructor. Taught by a team of eight world-class trainers, each personally mentored by Yogi Bhajan, this training includes:
- Teaching postures, kriyas & meditations
- Breathing practices for relieving anxiety, depression, pain and improving sleep
- The magic of sound and chanting
- Best business practices for the successful yoga teacher
- Skills relevant to all aspects of your life
Training Courses meet two days per month. Sacramento Training meets one Saturday & Sunday per month and Nevada City Training meets one Tuesday & Wednesday per month. Discounts are available for early registrants, full time students, seniors, and auditors.
In Level One you become an Instructor and learn the fundamental principles and practices of Kundalini Yoga. You will develop the skills to instruct students in Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditations as taught by Yogi Bhajan. You will practice teaching Kundalini Yoga in a practicum setting, participate in early morning Sadhanas (spiritual practice), and experience the powerful transformational energy of White Tantric Yoga.
This is a 220 hour course, which includes 180 hours of classroom instruction in a well-defined curriculum. It will give you a lifelong foundation for a successful yoga practice. Taught by a talented team of experienced trainers, this course covers:
- Yogic & Western Anatomy
- Teaching Kundalini Yoga Postures, Kriyas & Meditations
- Yogic Philosophy & The Origin of Kundalini Yoga
- Humanology & Yogic 3HO Lifestyle
- The Role of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- Children’s Yoga
The training is for:
- Anyone who intends to achieve excellence, deepen compassion and expand awareness.
- Experienced yoga students who wish to deepen their knowledge and personal practice.
- Beginners who want to learn yogic science.
- Students and teachers of other schools of yoga who wish to learn about Kundalini Yoga, expand their teaching and deepen their knowledge.
- Complete the standards for the 220 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification set by the Yoga Alliance, a national alliance of diverse yoga organizations.
- Become associate members in the 3HO International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (IKYTA)
- Automatically upgrade to Full Professional Membership in IKYTA upon completion of the Level 1 Teacher Training
- Attendance and participation at all classes
- Timely and full payment of all course fees
- Satisfactory practice teaching assessment
- Passing grade KRI written exam
- Completion of 20 Kundalini Yoga classes during the Teacher Training program
- Attendance at White Tantric Yoga course
- Participation in 5 group sadhanas (early morning yoga practice)
- Completion of the assigned 40 day yoga set/meditation
- Successful completion of all homework
- Completion of confidential course and trainer evaluation feedback
- Sign the code of professional standards
The KRI Teacher Training Team reserves the right to grant KRI Certification based solely upon their discretion and evaluation of each student’s readiness to be a Kundalini Yoga teacher.
|2019-2020 Teacher Training Dates|
Sat & Sun
Tues & Weds
|Sep 21 & 22||Sep 24 & 25|
|Oct 12 & 13||Oct 15 & 16|
|4 Days Combined
Fri - Mon, Nov 15 - 18
|Nov 30 & Dec 1||Dec 3 & 4|
|Jan 18 & 19||Jan 14 & 15|
|Feb 22 & 23||Feb 18 & 19|
|4 Days Combined
Fri - Mon, Mar 20 - 23
|Apr 25 & 26||Apr 28 & 29|
|May 16 & 17||May 19 & 20|
Sunday, June 7